What I Laugh at

     Everybody has their own sense of humor. What you may think is funny maybe the complete opposite for someone else. Many times I have had a situation where I may see something that I think is hilarious and my friend next to me just looks at me and asks "you okay there bud?" I tell them back asking "what do you mean wasn't that hilarious?" and they always say "not really." I never really thought about it too much since now but I can start to see why my sense of humor maybe a little of putting to some. 

    Many of us have seen videos of people getting hurt from falling, getting tackled, etc though one time it happened right in front of my eyes. One day when I came back home from middle school I opened the front door and yelled out to my younger brother who was upstairs at the time that I was home. He was in elementary school at the time and was so happy to see me because he was homesick he came running down the stairs to see me. He was carrying a yoga ball for some reason you may see where this is going. He tripped and fell down the stairs in one of the worst ways possible, repeatedly getting flipped over and under the yoga ball until he hit the ground. Right, when he stopped I immediately burst out laughing until a few seconds later when I realized "what he might actually have died." Luckily he wasn't dead and miraculously wasn't even bleeding or even suffered any head trauma. I know a lot of people would have immediately rushed to help him but instead, my sense of humor took the better of me. 



    Looking back at this I can probably see why I laugh at things a lot of other people don't. While my sense of humor may seem deplorable to others it is what makes me who I am today and I accept it with open arms. 

Comments

Popular Posts