WNB Response with Poetry

     Most, if not all, of my experiences with poetry, have ended up with me not liking it. The last time I remember reading poetry in school was probably in 9th grade. Whenever I read poetry, it would almost always go right over my head, and I would have to go back and reread it again to understand it better. 

I can't exactly remember when I decided that I didn't like poetry but I have always hated it because reading a book or an essay was a lot simpler and less complex. Specifically, an essay's claim, thesis, message, etc would be easily recognizable whereas a poem's message or theme is a little bit more hidden. I would only have to read an essay once to get a good understanding of it as well. Hopefully, though it won't be too bad since I now have a lot more experience with hidden meanings and works with more complex thoughts such as The Stranger and I will be able to enjoy poetry for once. Hopefully. 









Comments

Popular Posts